What's new

Neil Jordan's The Good Thief (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'll be seeing it next week as part of the Philadelphia Film Festival.

Oddly enough there are TWO movies showing with that title!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Ahhh, there is a thread about The Good Thief!

I saw this a few weeks ago and meant to put some words out about it.

It is quite a good film, and very unlike what I was expecting. It is quite a bit more lighthearted than I would have expected from a Neil Jordan film, but it was a refreshing surprise.

The plot is pretty serviceable for a heist film, and was certainly fun to watch unfold. They also keep it from being predictable because of a number of wildcard characters with some interesting motivations.

The European settings give some nice character to the film. The film is shot quite nicely, as I've come to expect in a Jordan film, so it is a fun film to watch.

Nolte does give a great performance. His character is really the only one with any depth, although the rest of the cast are pretty interesting overall. Especially of note is Nutsa Kukhianidze (Man, do I love IMBb), who plays the femme fatale perfectly. The rest of the cast are colorful and fun.

Overall, it is a fun film. It is probably a bit too light to be considered a strong film. Overall, I would say it is a :star: :star: :star: out of four film.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Saw it two weeks ago.... an entertaining film. The heist plot isn't extremely clever, but it is serviceable. Nick Nolte is weathered and old, while the young russian hottie is hot enough, etc.

A nice, pleasant 1.5 hour diversion from the cares of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks