What's new

Neil Gaiman's Stardust (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
it's Gaiman, I'm there. :) Glad they're selling this like a live action shrek, (though the wit is more sardonic and clever than Shrek's flat parody), which will probably help the film's grosses. This also seems a bit like a live action ghibli film.

quite a year for flying pirates with this and Golden Compass (wonder what film that trailer will be attached to, Harry Potter obviously, (newline +wb) but I wonder if they'll push out a imagry teaser for one of the big three threequels in may. We should also be getting a full trailer for order of the phoenix soon or with one of those three.

Hell of a year for fantasy films.

Brian D H

Second Unit
Gaiman, impressive cast, location shooting in UK......... how could I have missed this? My family are Gaiman fans (my daughter has an autographed copy of one of his children's books, and I bought my wife Ultimate Sandman #1), though I haven't read Stardust yet.

I am so intrigued. Can't wait to see it and I hope it's good.

I think I have a copy of the book at home. How good is it?

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I remember buying this when it came out as a 4 part limited series. It's been about that long since I read it but I do recall enjoying the story. To be honest, the main characters as they appear in the trailer come off as a bit older than I pictured them. Still, this is one I am looking forward to.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

The book is quite good, as is most of Gaiman's stuff. As usual, he puts his own twist in a quest-type of story.

Jason

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
neil gaiman's words and charles vess' art.
what a perfect combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks