What's new

Neighbor's Dog (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

10 - 15years? The Roman legion started breeding the dogs in central Europe 2500 years ago to be the biggest, strongest, meanest land animal the human race has ever been able to train. Not much has changed for breeders in the ensuing centuries. While dogs were largely abandoned as military instruments by the late 19th century, a good agressive dog remains the best theft/tresspassing deterrant available, so the market for "war dogs" remains, and people will keep breeding them.

back on track: Go through the proper channels and have the problem taken care of LEGALLY. A viscious dog thats terrorizing small children is most certainly illegal, and enough complaints to the authorities (parhaps every member of the neighborhood calling) will get somebody to remove the animal eventually (and hopefully before it hurts anyone).

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Juilian, if you havnt seen that flash video before, it has a happy ending. Its surely a tear jerker for any pet lover.

I completely agree Joe, I think u and i are on the exact page. I will guarantee you that most folks out there ARE NOT breeding their dog (rotty pit) for aggression.

First, on a show level, most every dog already out there already has a great temperment and what usually needs improvement are physical traits.

Second, most people out there who dont know how to care for a dog and have puppies for sale, breed to make money. They could care less about advancing the breed or care that the bitch they bred their dog too was a sweet, kind, lap dog. Or vice versa.

They trained their big, bad, dog to bark at anyone that comes near the home and will tell everyone that they have some awesome puppies for sale.

Show me one bad tempered dog out there and ill show u another who will lick you to death.

Also, many animals are also dog to dog aggressive and are totally different to humans. My last pit was an example of that, id often find dead cats in my backyard :frowning: so i had to secure him to a running lead to at least give the cats a chance.

Towards people, his menacing looks were all show cuz anyone could go up to him and give him love :)

As proof, someone ended up jumping my fence, cutting the lead, and stealing my dog :frowning:

My .02 cents

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Maybe he pulled a 'Sin City' on the guy, you know with the razor wire and the hacksaw?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I broke out my 12 guage last night... :)

If you didn't get anywhere I was thinking about asking you to go out and buy one of those electric fence signs, and take your time putting it up. Set it near the fence and leave it for a week. Then mount it to the fence, and later start digging a trench from your house to the fence. I wonder how fast your neighbor would do something?

Glad to see it got resolved, but you're going to piss a lot of us readers off if you don't elaborate.

Glenn

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ugh. I tried to get around this because I felt as though it will create problems.

But here goes (thread close will soon happen)

We live in a block like this:

(Street)
X Y Z
A B C
(street)

I'm (streets on the other sides as well) So I'm "B" He's "Y".

Neighbor who went to visit him is X.

So, they go over and visit, and neighbor "X" basically gets told to f'off, and that the fact their dog scares her little kids is not his problem, and that's why he doesn't let it out of the house that often.

Neighbor X is more then a bit unhappy. And tells other neighbors how situation went.

This morning, dog gets out, runs around, goes ballistic on neighbor Z's fence.. tons of barking, etc. etc.

Neighbor Z, and elderly man and veteran disposes of dog. Dog had managed tear into his mesh fence to create a hole, it had apparently been chasing rabbits (and killed one).

End of story.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

Somehow I don't think so. I'm betting neighbor Y (dog owner) is going to have a few more chapters to add to this story pretty soon.....

Colton

Supporting Actor
Neighbor Z killed the dog? C'mon. Can't you elaborate abit more? Give us more details!

- Colton

Julian Reville

Screenwriter

I knew we old farts were good for something. :) Tell him this old Army vet said Hooah! (If he's a Marine, make that Uuurah! and then haul ass before you get shot)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
He's former army, I haven't spoken to him often (he's ~70 or so). Anyway, because the dog did damage to the fence, and since the ordinance of the city we're in doesn't allow for that breed of dog to be loosed without a leash or owner present (the owner admitted he "didn't see" it happen) the matter was closed.

I'm sure the owners of the animal will be furious. I'm sure there are more chapters coming, but I sensed we were building to this kind of happening a few weeks ago.. someone was going to give or else this would be the outcome. I did not "root" for this outcome, I had hoped for something far different (to be honest, I had hoped they would find someone in the country or elsewhere to take the dog) but also, as someone with a 4 & 5 year old, I can't say I feel that bad about it either; my kids are very small, and my wife & I commented they must look like food to something that kind of vicious.

I'm sure our other neighbor will probably receive some pies, etc. but we're going to make an effort tonight to send over something in sympathy to the dog owner.

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
Too bad the dog had to pay the ultimate price for his owner's cavalier attitude. But next time it could have been a child instead of a rabbit.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Darn internet ate my last post, hope this isn't a duplicate.

The storied, mythical farm, as in "Daddy took our last dog to live on a farm, because he kept peeing in the house."

The dog would have last lasted about 5 minutes on a farm, just long enough for a livestock owner to jack some 00 into his 12 gauge pump.

I feel a little sorry for the dog, but he died doing what he loved best; something we could all hope for. :)

The fact is that the dog owner created a monster: an untrained, uncontrollable killing machine and he was careless to boot. He's lucky that his ass is not in jail.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

I think though, here in KS, I meant that differently. I grew up on a farm, and we had some animals that were.. different. But, left to roam around in nowhere, we saw them occassionally and they did "OK" given a few hundred acres (we never ended up with dead cattle, so I assume they were OK) and if they killed some moles or whatever, more power to them :)

But, that having been said, I got what you mean. I took the neighbors over some lasagna and sympathized about their pet. They've decided not to get another animal, which may be for the best, and while they are furious at the neighbor who shot the animal, they are writing it off on the fact that he's old and "probably senile" or "reliving some war moment" and so they don't intend on doing anything, so maybe for the best.

They just rent, and will be waiting out their agreement (in August) with intent to move, but were grateful I came over; they largely blame the other neighbor who wasn't a "good sport" over their dog, and they believe her children should just "get a pair" to not be afraid of animals.

I mostly let them talk and just nodded my head, so I'll assume for now all is good and just drop the whole thing.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

Jesus Christ! I thought I knew some idiots in this world...what part of the dog ripping through fences and killing rabbits didn't sink in to the owners head? Better a pissed off loser and a neighborhood where children can be safe than having the dog alive and one day finding little Johnnie parts all over the yard because little Johnnie "got a pair". What a fucking moron.

Bruce

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Good for you Chris.

Let's not be too hard on these folks, our vicious kid threatening dog could be their loving lap hound that just died a brutal death. They're not going to be rational about it, there's just no way they will accept this was just. But it's over, no kids or people were hurt - let's be thankful for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks