Neighbor gave me some speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jonathan T, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Second Unit

My neighbor gave me some Ohm C2 speakers. How did these things sound when they were new? Anyway, the woofer on one of the speakers is completely shot. The surround has sompletely rotted away. I need to buy a new woofer, what would you recomend. The other speaker's woofer is fine but isn't the factory woofer, should I replace it aswell? There seems to be a tweeter and something else in teh speaker but I don't know what to call it.

2. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Second Unit

Since none of you seem to know what these speakers sound like, I'll just give some specs so that I can find a good driver to replace the midrange that is ruined. The speaker is about 9.5X11.5X26 inches (that's the inside measurements, I subtracted the thickness of the wood from the outside measurements). The speakers are ported. There is 1 per speaker, 2.5 inch diameter and is about 3 and 5/8th inches long. Now, the speaker is filled with breacing and padded with what looks like home insulation. Plus there's the crossover so I don't know how much internal volume there actually is. I'd say there's only 1 layer of the padding on the inside surface and it may be about the same thickness of the wood, maybe a little thinner. Then's there's the tweeters. Can someone recomend me a midrange?

O, by the way, the midrange cone is 8 inches across.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

been too long for me to remember. give ohm a call and see what they can do for you. i think they're still located in brooklyn.

4. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Second Unit

ok, I'll see if I can find an number.

5. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

6. Jonathan T

Jonathan T Second Unit

Paul!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

7. Greg.K

Greg.K Screenwriter

Greg K.
    Ohm sells replacement drivers, but you're going to pay for them: $145 ea. for new woofers.
    Ohm C2 drivers
    You could also try to repair the surround on the one factory driver using some thing like one of these surround repair kits from Parts Express.
    Parts Express speaker surround kits