What's new

Needing some guidance (1 Viewer)

Ellis

Auditioning
I know that this question is asked a lot but I wanted to throw my version in it and get some feedback. I recently bought an RCA (yea, I know, no one seems to like them) 61" HDTV P61360 model and I have the ever popular question of burn-in. I have adjusted my contrast and black level down to about half or so on all sources. I stretch the screen to fill mode and will not be watching 4:3 TV at all. The movies I watch, I expand them as much as possible even though some leave small black bars at the top and bottom. I have a PS2 hooked up to it but play maybe every other day for an about an hour or so max. I am extremely afraid to even pause the game :) but if I need to I will just change it to the TV channel. I plan on getting the AVIA guide to set me up correctly too. All that said, how am I doing? What is my risk for burn-in? Also, I love my football, am I going to get killed watching it on Sundays with the scoreboard across the top? Same goes for other sports as well.... Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
You might want to turn contrast down to maybe 30% or so for video games, otherwise you should be ok.

With reasonable settings you should not have any problem caused by black bars on 2:35 aspect ratio movies either.

I watched tons of letterboxed movies on a 4/3 rptv, played games and had marathon webtv sessions with no burn in after 2 years. Had contrast set at 30%.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks