What's new

Needed: Specific Hires DVD Cover scans: I'll even Pay! (1 Viewer)

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
I bought a bunch of DVDs locally from a Jumbo Video bankruptcy sale. The discs came in Jumbo Video rental cases, so there's no original cover art. I asked the person handling the liquidation, where the orginal cases went, and he didn''t know. I've found many of the covers online, but some are really bad quality. If you own these discs and can scan the covers for me , I'll Paypal you $1US for each cover. All I need is a 300dpi or more scan of the cover, via email. My email account won't handle files larger than 1.5 meg so try to keep them as JPGs no larger than that. I need the following scans:

Joe Dirt
The Omen SE
Whispers: An Elephants Tale
Fast Times at Ridgemont High SE
Wild Things
Fly Away Home SE
On Golden Pond
The New Guy
Jeepers Creepers
The Neverending Story 2
Masters of the Universe
Friday the 13th Part 4
Harley Davidson & the Marlborough Man
Jackie Chan's Crime Story

If you provide me with any of these scans, I'd greatly appreciate the favor!!

Marc.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Try DVD Cover Art. They have a lot of covers, and were setting up a system where a local Kinkos would print and mail the covers to you. (To get a ink-jet printer to correctly print an Amaray case cover takes a bit of messing around with it.)

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Bob, thats for the advice, but Matt's site doesn't have the particular scans I'm looking for. He has just about everything else, though!

Marc.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I can do Wild Things for you. I don't have PayPal, though, so I'd do it for free.
These ~1.8MB 300dpi high-quality JPEGs have been touched up a bit in Photoshop to smooth over the appearance of the half-tone printing process (or whatever it's called):
http://www.jjr512.com/images/persona...ings_cover.jpg
http://www.jjr512.com/images/persona...sert_inner.jpg
http://www.jjr512.com/images/persona...sert_outer.jpg
If you'd like the direct output from the scanner, let me know. These ~80MB TIFF files are untouched and unprocessed.

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Justin,

Thanks for the Wild Things cover!!

The scan is exactly the quality I was looking for. I really appreciate that you took the time to do it for me. The members on this forum never cease to amaze me!

Thanks again,

Marc.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I have the original art work for the original issue of Fly Away home. You wouldnt happen to have a Young Guns cover by any chance?

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Marc, I've emailed you the "On Golden Pond" cover art & chapter insert. I'd be glad to do any other scans for you if I happen to have the particular DVD. Enjoy! :cool: :cool:

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Thank you VERY much everyone!

I looks like I have (or will have shortly) all scans I needed except for Whispers:An Elephants Tale, Crime Story, and Harley Davidson/Marlboro Man. As always, the members of this forum have been very friendly and helpful

If anyone has any 3 of the remaining covers I need, just let me know.

Jeff Whitford,

Yes, I have a scan of Young Guns I can send you.

Marc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks