1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Needed: Music Organizer (MP3/WMA) for my PC! Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Michael D. Bunting, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    I'm looking for something to help me organize all my music files (primarily MP3 & WMA files) on my home PC.

I currently have it fairly well organized, but lots of my artists are missing cover art pictures, etc - and this really bugs me to no end [​IMG]

Any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance!

2. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

I use itunes and it rips cd's perfectly for me .. as for cover arts, heres a tip, esp. for itunes. It has a spot for the cover art and u can drag jpg's or gif's or whatever to it, so what i do is for every cover art i'm missing i look it up on amazon, and click the "larger view" of the album cover. It sends you straight to a jpg of the album art blown up nicely for you to just click, drag, and drop into my itunes. Works perfectly for me.

However, i used to use WMP and it bugged me that I never got cover arts correct and that sometimes i'd rip a cd and have diff. cover arts for two tracks on the same cd! That whole technology needs to get better in my opinion, but for now my own method works fine for me.

Mike

3. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    Thanks for the tips Mike - I will give itunes a try here today if I can.

4. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

5. Kris McLaughlin

Kris McLaughlin Stunt Coordinator

On the off chance that you use OS X, here's an app that will fetch your album art automatically. It's creatively titled Fetch Art for iTunes.