What's new

Need your suggestions in here (1 Viewer)

Palforever

Auditioning
Real Name
Sharifuddin
Hello to all again

What is the best combo for the B&W 803 in a 5.1 HT configurations
Thanks

Real Name
Dean
Hi,

I know that speaker series very well. Which version do you have?

The best combo of what exactly? A sub, two subs, placement, center and surrounds and etc.

Palforever

Auditioning
Real Name
Sharifuddin
Hi Soundprogress, i have the Nautilus 803,Looking for the sub,centre and the surround.

Real Name
Dean
HI,

That series has a very distinctive tweeter sound and you should look for the same series center, the HTM2, HTM3 or HTM4 would work. If you don't play too loud you could always use a N805. They just changed 800 speakers again and some of them are now Diamonds.

B&W always had an odd mix of surrounds, some are/where pseudo dipole and some monopoles. If would be up to your layout as to what type of speaker to use. If you aren't doing strict music surround then even the 600 series does fine. I've also had good luck with many other speakers brands that have a similar timbre as the fronts at least using a metal dome tweeter toward brightish but not bright enough to call too much attention to itself.

Subs, use a good one but it/they don't need to be B&W. Chose the sub (s) solely on performance. JL, B&W, Paradigm, Velodyne and many others. Your best bet here is to leave a little room for an equalizer, unless built-in somewhere, to smooth out room/placement issues.

Palforever

Auditioning
Real Name
Sharifuddin
I have the 803s.Been looking for the sub,centre and rears for ht purposes.

Palforever

Auditioning
Real Name
Sharifuddin
Soundprogress,actually i`ve been looking for The B&W AWS825,805s and the HTM3s But its hard to get it here in Singapore now.Any suggestions>

Real Name
Dean
I wish I had more of a suggestion. I can only suggest looking at where you got the other speakers or....

I'd use someone else's sub and surrounds (metal dome) but stick to a B&W center of the same series as yours even if you have to pay for shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks