What's new

Need your Recommendations: HTIB Under $1500 to go with 70" 3D LED TV (1 Viewer)

deepakvg

Auditioning
Real Name
Deepak
Hello,
I am new to the AVS forum. I wanted to get some of your thoughts/recommendations for my Home Theater. I have a 70" Sony 3D LED TV that is wall mounted above my fireplace in my Family Room. The room is about 13x18.
I watch a lot of movies, listen to a lot of music and play Xbox 360. If I had to give a % breakdown, it will be as follows:
-Movies: 25%
-Music (Audio & Video via Youtube): 25%
-Games: 25%
-TV (Sports, Shows, etc.): 25%
The TV is on the longer side of the wall; meaning, the room is 13x18 and the TV is on one of the 18 wall sides. I don't think I need more than a 5.1 System but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
To make my life easier with purchase and warranty, I'd like to go with a HTIB System but if I'll get more 'bang' for my buck by buying individual components, I am OK with that as well.
One of the options I saw at my local Costco was the Bose Acoustimass 6 Home Theater System Bundle with Yamaha Receiver. I am not sure if this is even worth considering but the price point seemed attractive enough to consider it.
Please let me know what your thoughts are. My budget is about $1500. I really don't have room for floor standing front speakers, unfortunately.
Again, I'd like to see if I can get a great HTIB System but open to buying individual components as well.
Thanks in advance for your help!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
"No highs, no lows, must be a Bose"

Please stay away from Bose.

Others will have recommendations of a receiver and speakers to buy.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You can definitely get something better than a HTiB. There's a million options. The Polk Monitor series is a great deal. 40s and CS1 for front and 30s for surround. BIC F-12 sub and a $500 receiver (plenty to choose from) and you're still under budget. That is my small, bedroom system. Polk has a new line of Monitor speakers too. newegg.com has the Polks, Amazon the sub and all sorts of places the receivers.

...but like I said, that is just on option among many that are better than HTiB.

EDIT: the new models are 35b and 45b.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
With a $1,500 budget, DO NOT even consider a HTIB. Whether you should use a 5.1 or 7.1 system depends on where you will sit. You need at least 4 feet behind your seat for a 7.1 system. Do you want to use wall mounted bookshelf speakers?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Where your rears are going go determines a lot here.Placing them on tables?Wall mount? Floor stands(which begs...why not towers?)Def Tech 600/800...maybe even a pair of 1000(5 1000 are over budget).

Audio14

Agent
Real Name
Daniel
Concurred with schan1269. Forget HTIB and Bose. Look into the Def Tech pro 1000s along with either a Yamaha A730/VSX60. Then build on as you go.

deepakvg

Auditioning
Real Name
Deepak
Thanks everyone for your reply! It looks like HTIB is not a good option. I'll look at the receivers and speakers you have listed.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks