Need your opinions on the Infinity Entra Three

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Huzefa, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Huzefa

Huzefa Stunt Coordinator

I was walking about CC looking for new fronts to replace my crappy bookshelf fronts and I came across the Infinity Entra Three speakers. They were the floor models ($130 each). I thought that was a good price and picked them up. But I have 30 days to return them in case they don't measure up. So I need your opinion on these speakers. I've never had floorstanding speakers before. I wanted something that was entry-level (or maybe low-middle-level) for just everyday TV or occasional DVD watching. Are these good speakers? They sound pretty good to me with my receiver hooked up (Panasonic 850S).

Also I have a question about my receiver; sometimes I don't hear anything from the back speakers unless I turn on the stereo DSP. It's very hard to hear stuff from the back speakers, even while watching a DTS or 5.1 DVD. Any help?

2. Dan D Burke

Dan D Burke Agent

If the speakers sound good to you, then that's all that matters. I have the entra 2's and think they do a good job. AHowever they are laking in the bass department but a decent sub (Athena AS-P300)makes up for that.

3. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

Like Dan said, if you like how they sound thats all that matters. Infinity makes quality speakers. You definately got a good price on them too.

Have you ever calibrated your system? That would probably solve the low volume from the rear speakers. Pick up an analog SPL (sound level) meter from radio shack and a calibration DVD like the Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune-up DVD. Otherwise you can just use the receivers test tones and set the speakers by ear. Sounds like you just have to turn up the sound level of the rear speakers.

4. Huzefa

Huzefa Stunt Coordinator

Thx, guys. I'm gonna try the SPL meter to fix the rear sound problem.