Need your opinion about 5.0 surround sound system

Zheka

Auditioning
Reaction score
I have a Panasonic S35 dvd player and Panasonic HE75 av receiver. And I would like to get a 5.0 sound (about $300-$400). I think Eltax is good at this price range. And i would like to hear your opinions about Eltax MovieMaxx 5.0 pack. I'll use it 50% of the time for music listenning(in stereo mode) and 50% - for movie watching(surround). Is it good for music listening ? Does it need a sub or front speakers are enough for bass (My music preference - electronic music such as techno, trance and drum'n'bass) ?
Are there any alternatives to Eltax at this price range ?

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Fluance comes to mind, but I have no experience with them at all. And I've never even heard of Eltax until now.

Where do you live?

Zheka

Auditioning
Reaction score
Eltax is Danish company. eltax.com

I'm from Russia.

John Garcia

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
John

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
Reaction score
um......................guys, they may well be crap speakers, but just because you've never heard of them doesn't necessarily make that so, does it?

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Scott- Eltax are cheap junk. Better than white van man speakers, but way below even Kef Coda series etc. Richer Sounds are the sole distributor in the UK for Eltax.

Probably say reasonable as a PC sound system, and that's about it.

Cagri

Second Unit
Reaction score
Funny I mentioned Eltax in another thread this morning...
I have to disagree JohnSmith. I listened to several eltax speakers, and a friend of mine had a pair of liberty 5+ back in 2000 which he'd bought for £100 (about $185) and they were decent speakers for the money. I don't think it is fair to call them crap. Liberty, which was a lower model of eltax, could easily compete with even Kef crestas. At 87dB, they were not the most effective speakers around but with 100W power handling and 40-20000 Hz freq. response their specs were fine and sounded pretty good.

Listen before you buy.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balbendergeta