Need your input regarding job interview

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Luke_Khuc, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Luke_Khuc

Luke_Khuc Stunt Coordinator

Hi all,
    I went to the second interview on Friday morning. I totally forgot to ask for their business cards (five people) :b. Can I call back and ask for their full names and send my thank you notes on Monday?
    I should also mention that one of those five people was the interviewer that I talked to during my first interview. I had sent a thank you letter to her. Should I send her another one just because she was at the second interview?
    Any input will be much appreciated. And writing five thank-you notes sucks [​IMG]
    luke
    p.s.: yes I tried the search function, but didn't get any good result.

2. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Luke, did the person you interview with the first time coordinate the second interviews? If so, or if there was one person that sort of ran things, you could probably get away with thanking that one person, and mentioning how you enjoyed talking with the others too. I don't think it's entirely necessary to thank all five, but identifying the key person would be good. If one of those people would be your boss, thanking them would be good because they'll be key to hiring you.

3. Luke_Khuc

Thanks Keith. That was quick! The lady who interviewed me the first time was the one that coordinated the second interview; and she would be my boss/manager. I was working on the third letter, but I don't think I'm going to spend more time on this. I will re-write the first letter instead [​IMG]. Thanks again.

4. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Luke,

I'm with Keith on this. I was in a similar situation a few months ago where I had a couple of panel interviews on the same day. I sent a thank you note to the director of the group, and mentioned the other interviewers as well. Also, I actually sent one of those little thank you cards instead of a typed letter. Just some food for thought. Oh, yes, I did get the job!

5. HienN

HienN Stunt Coordinator

A letter to the hiring manager would be sufficient. But don't just write a generic thank-you letter. Now that you have talked to 5 people at the company and presumably know a lot more about the job, try to re-enforce the reasons why you think you would be a good hire for them, and be as specific as possible. They may have come to their conclusions already, but it certainly doesn't hurt to make one last pitch.

Good luck.

6. Luke_Khuc

It's disgusting that I don't even have time to be online anymore. Just wanted to say thank you for responding to my questions. I took your advice and sent the thank you letter to the head person. I went to the third interview also (last Wednesday). Haven't heard back from them, but I called yesterday. I left a message for the HR lady saying that if she hears anything, she can call or send me an email. I hate waiting for something like this [​IMG]