What's new

Need Your Input on a Amp (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,
I live in a house at college, and I have been charged with finding an amplifier for our house parties. This is what we need: It only needs to have 2 line output, as we will only be driving 2 large speaker boxes. The speaker boxe are rated at 200 Wrms, they are MTX if you care, :). We have about 500 dollars to play with.
Is it a possable goal to aquire something that will meet our needs? It can certainley cost less as well seeing that this is a Cooperative house and not a frat.
We are looking for a quality unit that will last a long while. This is more important then overall driving power.
So does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Do you know what the input impedance of these speakers is? 2, 4 or 8 ohms?
A good place to look for quality used equipment is Audiogon.com. Right now there is a 200w x 2 Adcom amp for $475 Link Removed.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Jeff,
Something like an old Adcom 555 or 555 Mk II would probably do fine. They're often found for $400 or less (and they're good little amps) (well, not so little--they're a bit tall).
You might also consider a piece of used Pro gear--Crown, Crest, etc. Here's a thread that may have some thoughts: Pro audio amps for Home theater?

KeithR

Second Unit
I saw a 5 ch Rotel 985 MKII for 525 on audiogon...great amp for a great price!

ricky ho

Stunt Coordinator
you might want to take a look at IRD mb-100's. right now they are $499.00 a pair.(shipped free to the usa)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks