What's new

Need Your Help on Buying the right Speakers for my HT (1 Viewer)

deepakvg

Auditioning
Real Name
Deepak
I am trying to put together a Home Theater System and I can definitely use your help. I asked a question about HTIB System and everyone that responded pretty much wanted me to stay away from HTIB. The recommendation was clearly to go with building a Home Theater system by buying individual components. Thanks for your recommendations!
Based on your input and reading through several other posts in this forum, I have short listed my Receiver choices to 2 options:
1) Yamaha RX-V (575 or 675)
2) Sony STR-DN 1030
I am leaning more towards Sony for multiple reasons: 1) My TV and BD are Sony and I am quite happy. 2) Sony has Wi-fi, Bluetooth and few other options that Yamaha doesn't
I am looking for a 5.1 Speaker System that will fit well with one of the Receivers above.
Can you please let me know what some of my options for a 5.1 Speaker System are? My budget is about $1000 for the 5.1 Speaker System.
Here's what I currently have:
-Sony 70" 3D LED TV
-Sony 3D BD
-XBox 360
As indicated above, I am leaning more towards Sony STR DN 1030. Please let me know your recommendations for a good speaker system to buy.
Thanks in advance for your help!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you want "small-ish", KEF E or KHT. If $1000 is "just a number you threw out"...KEF T series.Otherwise...tastes, room decor choices...would help.Want floorstanding fronts?(advisable if you plan on listen to music in 2.0)Want to wall mount?Place them on stands?

deepakvg

Auditioning
Real Name
Deepak
Sorry hit reply too soon...

Prefer Wall Mount speakers. I do listen to a lot of music along with movies, games, and watching sports.

Let me know if you need any other details.

I have some wiggle room in the budget but not a whole lot. But if by spending say 300 more I'd get a significantly better speaker system, I am ok with that.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'd pick the BIC F12 sub. Around $250. Known commodity, best under $300 sub there is. If you want to spend less on the sub, Dayton sub1200. Little more, Lava LP12.For the other $800-ish...You could squeeze in Def Tech ProCinema. 600, maybe a pair of 800 for the front. (The ProCinema is avail as the 600 for $770, 800 for $1200. The sub in the 600 is, meh. The 800 is much better...but the F12 and LP12 are better subs)The 600/800 are available as a 5.1...or individually. Between the KEF E/KHT and Dec Tech PC...not much else...to fit the budget. There is always Polk Monitor 45T, BIC DV62, Pioneer AJ...Infinity Primus(the center is getting hard to find)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I own and also recommend the BIC F12 sub, and also the Infinity Primus speakers. Very nice sounding speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks