Need Your Feedback: Sony 32FS13 vs 32HS420

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MikeEckman, Aug 4, 2004.

1. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Hey all, I am getting my almost 3 year old Sony WEGA 32FS13 TV replaced under warranty soon and am looking at what to replace it with.

The 32FS13 is not a HD-capable TV but does do the 16x9 Enhanced squeeze trick and I am very satisfied with the picture quality.

I have an opportunity to take the 32HS420 for only a small amount more and wanted your feedback on whether this would be a good upgrade or if I should just take a comparable analog 32" WEGA for no extra money.

I currently have no HD sources to even run through it, so the only thing that I will use it for will be my Xbox, DVDs, and analog cable.

Theyre both 32" sets, both 4x3, and both WEGAs. Is there any reason I shouln't go with the digital one?

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I would go with the 420 HDTV set because even if your not getting HDTV now you will probably want it in the future & you never know when you might want to upgrade that cable to HDTV & with the 420 you will be set. Plus your X-Box can output a 720P Signal & the 420 can handle the 720 Progressive Signal. Also you never know when you might want to upgrade your DVD Player to a Progressive Scan one. Go with the 420 & be set for the future. [​IMG]

3. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

My current DVD player is not a Progressive scan, what would be the difference between hooking that one up to a digital TV that can do the 3:2 pulldown, as opposed to hooking up a real progressive scan player? Would there be a visual difference in quality?