What's new

Need you Help can't decide what to get SONY or Proscan (1 Viewer)

Mark Gardner

Auditioning
Please help. I have been going crazy over this. I don't know what to get Sony KP-57XBR10W or Proscan PS65000.
Thank you ahead for your input.

Mark,
I received my Proscan 65000 on Tuesday. The picture quality is incredible. I was looking into the Sony 57 as well when I came across the Proscan. They both had the same program on. The Proscan was actually clearer.
The Sony was $3399. and the Proscan was $3599.
When I joined this forum and I mentioned my room size 17'X12', members recommended a 65" RPTV.
I have a 35" TV that I had for 6 years and I always wanted a bigger screen.
I ordered my 65" Proscan and it came with free installation of a HD dual LMB dish to go with it, since it has a built in Satellite receiver.
There's also the size difference 65" vs 57". Do you have the room for a 65"?. I have no problem with viewing distance.
I only had mine for a few days. So far I love it.
Hope this helps and good luck on your choice.
LP
--------------------------
Equipment List
65” Proscan HDTV
Denon AVR3802 – Receiver
Denon DVD2800 – DVD player
Paradigm Monitor 7’s – Mains
Paradigm Monitor CC370 – Center
Paradigm ADP170’s – Surrounds
Polk PSW300 – Sub
------------------

Mark Gardner

Auditioning
Luciano
Thank you for the info. I think the 65" will fit great in my room. I’m also leaning toward Proscan since it got already HDTV and looks I think better then Sony. The only concern I have is quality of the job they do !
Thanks
Mark

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I don't know how you can do this, but somehow you need to check on ProScan's reliability. My impression is, they break alot.
Personal experience:
RCA (Proscan) 25" TV. Stupid thing died about 1.5 years after I bought it. Talked to a mom-and-pop TV repair shop over the phone. They knew what the problem was when I described it. When I brought the set in, there were at least 5 other RCA sets there with the same problem. Blown EEPROM chip or something.
I complained to RCA, and they reimbursed me the money to have it fixed.
I immediately got rid of it for a 27" Sony Trinitron. Not only did the Sony picture blow away the RCA (even though it's harder for a larger set to look as good), but 6 years later, no problems.
I also have heard/read somewhere just recently, that RCA was going to change the name of the Proscan line to something new, ostensibly to leave the "poor reliability reputation" behind. (WSR I think.)
------------------

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I'm moving this to the TV forum - I think you'll get better answers there.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks