What's new

Need Xbox game recommendations (1 Viewer)

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I like GRIT as well, although the 1P is awful and it has the worst online interface I've found in an XBL game(well Mechassault is just as bad). Once you get a good server though, it's easy to spend all night playing. It takes a long time though since some people play 24/7 and will flat out pwn you, and you can't search by game type. You can play co-op when you're getting started and it'll help you learn the basics. I got it for $24.99 and feel like I got what I paid for, it has about half the content you'd expect in a full price game.(edit: like JayV says, the maps are great.)

As for the gamerankings reader reviews, they're somewhat of a joke since the people rating the games often haven't played them. Unreal 2, an unreleased port of a semi-mediocre PC game is the SECOND HIGHEST Xbox game behind KOTOR, and Fable and GTA are in the top 10 as well. Halo=8.7???

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I would also recommend Ghost Recon Island Thunder, especially since you have Xbox Live. It is way more fun on Live then the original. Right out of the box, everything is unlocked for Live play - all weapons (including several new weapons for GRIT), and all maps. If you liked the first Ghost Recon, I think you'll love Island Thunder.

Noah Gottula

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with both Soul Calibur 2 (if you like fighting games) and KOTOR. For a reference it took me about 2 hours to get into KOTOR and start having some fun. So give it at least that long.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
This all could be avoided if people didn't take issue with others disagreeing with their choices.
I would totally agree with that (not just in this thread but in this forum in general). Likewise is the confusion between "opinion" and "universal truth".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks