What's new

Need WS vs. P&S comparsion link/info please (1 Viewer)

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, finally got my mom on dvd bandwagon. I could not stand see her VHS collect grow anymore! hehe
What I am looking for is link to that star wars thread that showed how much was hacked out of P&S or something like that, so I have visual for her why she complains about these "black bars" she going to see on dvds I am getting her. Grr, wish me luck, one down(still buying VHS, yic) and one more to go( Teaching proper aspect ratio to parent)

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Florence- I think that John's widescreen.org site is probably the best source of examples and commentary pertaining to widescreen. His site was the first site I researched when I was just getting into DVDs 3 years ago, and I continue to refer to it on a regular basis even today, and direct others there as well. Seeing actual illustrations of just how much is lost in the P&S process is a real eye-opener. There are other more technical sites available, but I think the widescreen.org site is an excellent starting point.

Good luck convincing your mother about the need for widescreen.

Steve K.

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks