1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Need wireless headphone setup help/opinion

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Steve_Smith, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Steve_Smith

Steve_Smith Stunt Coordinator

Steve Smith
    I just got a LG 55-inch 3d TV last week, I found out it does not have Bluetooth but a mini jack in the back for headphones. I've had my Sennheiser wireless 120s for almost 12 years, but between my glasses, 3D glasses and the headphones I start to feel the pressure on the glasses stems. My setup right now is a mini jack to RCA adapter to get the headphones to work, but if I buy in-ear headphones that are Bluetooth I'll need a Bluetooth transmitter. Any thoughts on if the transmitter quality is worth it (any brand)? My only other option is a Optical audio out, but is there a Optical to Bluetooth option for better quality if it even exists?

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Hard to answer the question without knowing what earbuds you intend to get. If you’re going cheap, then any Bluetooth transmitter should do. If you’re getting $800 earbuds, then that’s a different story. I don’t even know if blutetooth in general is even compatible with high-end audio. A search on “high end bluetooth transmitter” doesn’t get much. The Audioengine D2 might be something you could use.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_772D2/Audioengine-D2.html?tp=59309&awkw=75620770825&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=84660093145&awdv=c&awug=9028160

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Steve_Smith

Steve_Smith Stunt Coordinator

Steve Smith
    Wayne thanks for the reply, I think for the near future I was looking at something like LG Tone or LG platinum types (or a different brand of that type) so it would be under the $200 range. I checked the link you posted and was intrigued, and that may be something I look into further down the road.