What's new

Need wire hiding advice/my first wall mount install (1 Viewer)

slammy77

Agent
Real Name
Sam
I have a wall mounted 32" vizio in my son's room that I just finished mounting. I want to install an Omnimount g303 three shelf wall mounted shelf system. My primary concern is that the g303 is a single stud mount shelf. I want to run the wires from the 3 components on this shelf into the wall and out behind the tv. How can I do that with a single stud mounted shelf? I can't run wires through the stud. Am I missing out on something? I could opt for a floor standing component shelf, but I would prefer the wall mounted component storage system... If it can be made to look right. What makes things a little more complicated is that the tv isn't directly above where the component shelves will be. The tv is mounted on that same stud, but is on a full motion mount and swung into the corner. Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated. This is my first such install.

slammy77

Agent
Real Name
Sam
A little more info: The tv and components are on a closet wall. I have access to the back of the wall via cutouts where I'm putting an electric outlet and cable outputs on the wall so that later I can hide the components completely in the closet if I choose to do so later. Snaking wires through the wall is no problem. I just don't know hire to get around that pesky stud, And I don't want any wires to show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks