Need wheel for PS2...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn Shultzaberger, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

I was wondering what wheels are available for the PS2 that will work with GT3 and work with most other older PS2 games ?
    I've seen the Logitech Driving Force wheel but some people have said that it doesn't work with non-force feedback games. It looks to be a solid wheel and gets pretty good reviews when being used with GT3. Anything else out there worth the money? [​IMG]

2. Ken Ingram

Ken Ingram Stunt Coordinator

I recieved the Performance V3fx Racing wheel for Christmas

and I was Impressed, I have always wanted the Logetek wheel

but the price was just to much. $99.99 The Performance has everything the Logetek has : Force Feedback,Digital/analog,programmable steering etc

It also fits under your legs and is more secure than the logetek. Its $49.99 at circuit city and $39.99 at best buy but one of the toy stores online has it for $19.99 clearence.

Try it and if you dont like it exchange it for the Logetek.

3. Erik_C

Erik_C Stunt Coordinator

Where can you find it for $19.99? That's too good to pass up!

-Erik

4. Ken Ingram

Ken Ingram Stunt Coordinator

KBtoys.com and I think it might be $17.99.

Good Luck

5. BruceF

BruceF Auditioning

I have the Logitec wheel and I will say it is outstanding. The feedback is a nice touch, and the feel is very good. It is stiff enough that it feels more realistic than my other ones (Mad Catz). Also, no dead spot in the center (from centering springs) so it feels more realistic.

I have not tried the Performance wheel - I just wanted to let you know the Logitec wheel is great. I have only used it with a couple new games (GT3, one of the Nascar games) and it worked fine.

I have had 1 problem pop up a couple times (maybe 3 times out of many many races) where the game thinks I have the wheel stuck all the way left. None of the buttons work (ie. pause), so I have to jump up and unplug/replug it in and then it works fine. Only happened a few times though.