Need Vertical Limit SB owners to chime in...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Coleman, Jun 15, 2002.

1. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Though i don't think that this is the greatest movie in the world it is entertaining to me. I've seen the Special Edition release and though it was good (and the DD killer) i thought it could have looked better. I am wondering what the opinions are of those on this board what do you think of the quality of the SB release (pic, dts) and would you recommend the quality over the regular release? I thank you for all your responses.

David

2. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

3. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

I don't think that there's anything else left to chime in -- Bjorn's as thorough as they come. I'm one of the people who have happily replaced the SE with SB.

4. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

First of all i'd like to thank those that responded to the question. Secondly i had already read Bjoern's review and it is quite thorough, thank you! I think though people misunderstand the question though. I was asking the members of this board to chime in on their opinions, not a link to a review.

If any of you have the SB version i wanna know what your impressions are of the disc and can you justify it's purchase over the SE version.

David

5. Spero D

Spero D Second Unit

6. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    Bjoern's review is an EXCELLENT resource for the true videophile who wants to nitpick at every teeny tiny little detail of the picture.

But no one has really addressed David's question of what one thinks of the "super bit" version. Real opinions of the disc viewed on a real DVD player via a real television isn't the same as looking at 20x blowups of the picture.

And Bjoern's review doesn't even mention the DTS sound track.

7. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Well, if you're looking for subjective responses -- I'm happier with my SB edition. I'm not sure I can hear the difference between the original DD, new DD and the DTS tracks, but the picture on SB looks sharper.

8. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

9. YANG

YANG Second Unit

The DTS explosion nearly blows off my POLK'S S6 woofer!Damn good demo material to make my other friends drool...!