Need urgent 27" TV help.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Akira_F, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Akira_F

Akira_F Auditioning

Just since Saturday I've had a Toshiba 27AF41 and a Sony KV-27FS13 and I've had problems with both.

I returned the Toshiba because the picture especially while playing games appeared as if it was underscanned and it was wavering in on the sides. You could also see letters and boxes within the pathway of the wavering curving in.

They didn't have any more Toshibas so I decided to get the Sony. Well now the Sony has it's own annoying problem, vertically along the left side there is a purple line and also a smaller more spread out area of it on the right side.

I liked the Toshiba picture but my dad who's the real expert(owned his own production company) instantly liked the Sony better saying more realistic flesh tones and other things.

Which one should I keep trying out? I like the option of two S-Video inputs on the Toshiba but from what I've read my problem seems far too common, which leads me to believe it's an innate design flaw(the display model was also displaying it). Should I just exchange the Sony or get it repaired? I never like to get new electronics worked on but at this point I'm tired of going back and forth.

Any experience with Samsung TVs? I looked at the TXL-2791 but the picture seemed very soft.

Are all flat screen TVs underscanning?

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Akira_F

Akira_F Auditioning

So is this purple a problem that can be alleviated or is it serious?

3. Ten_Smith

Ten_Smith Stunt Coordinator

What did you end up deciding?