Need ur advice on Cambridge ensemble 3rd version speaker

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by nagesh, Aug 22, 2003.

1. nagesh

nagesh Extra

Hi,
    I need your views on Cambridge's Ensemble 3rd version of there speaker packages. Though subwoofer is passive, but is it worth to buy those speaker's atleast when you r starting and can't not afford for the high end systems. it costed me $210, do u think i could get a better deal than this?. Also, now I am looking for a powered sub, is it possible to get a good sub in $125 range.

2. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

This reply is to your other post that was closed. In my opinion Cambridge makes better quality speakers than fluance. Your only concern will be whether or not the speakers are big enough for your room. That speaker package is for a very small room.

3. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

The CSW ensemble III was my second starter surround set (the 1st was a crappy Sony Pro-Logic HTIB) and it was great for the money in my small 12 X 12 living room. Make sure you put the passive sub in a corner or you won't know its there. I actually use two ensemble III's for my rears still. As for a powered sub, I've seen the Sony SA-WM40 on ebay for around $125. From what I've read on on this site, some spikes and polyfill make it a bang for the buck.