Need TV help/advice...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JordanB, Dec 4, 2003.

1. JordanB

JordanB Auditioning

Nov 30, 2003
    I'm a 19 year old college freshman, and I've had a Kenwood HT-in-a-box for about 2 years in my room. I've been collecting DVDs for about 4 years, and have a decent collection with 165, currently. I've had a 27 inch Sony Trinitron, at least 10 years old in my room for awhile now. However, just recently, the video input jacks have gone bad, and there is a fuzz over all input video. With the holidays approaching, I should have a couple hundred bucks to spend on a new TV. I'm thinking staying with the 27 inch size, and getting a decent set with component video jacks, and getting a new DVD player with the outputs. I've also considered upgrading slightly to a 32 inch. My price limit is probably about 400, as I doubt my parents will let me spend much more. I would appreciate if you guys could suggest some good models in my size/price range. I think I'd rather have a very nice 27 inch than a poor 32 inch. Please keep my price limit in mind. Thanks!
    Jordan B.
  2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Jun 3, 1999

FYI, when you're asking for specific advice on specific models of displays, please post here in the Display Devices section. The Basics area is for posting about -- go figure! -- home-theater basics, essentials. A TV-related question might be, "What's the advantage of a direct-view set over an RPTV?" Or, "What's the difference between DLP and LCD?"

Best of luck. I sympathize with starving college students.