Need to what what is happening with kcet 59 reception

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sonny Sung, Jun 21, 2001.

1. Sonny Sung

Sonny Sung Auditioning

hello all, i am wondering why i am not recieving kcet 59 after 11:00 at night with my panaonic tuhs20 hdtv tuner. i currently reside in the state of california los angeles. anyone have this kind of problem. Also i am only able to recieve kcet 59 hdtv programming beginning at 3:00 in the afternoon and ending at 11:00 at night. what it is weird is that when i check my local listings in wwww.titantv.com, the website lists it as a 24 hour loop, yet i am only able to recieve from 3 to 11? That is so weird, but i do beleive something has to do directv. anyway anyone who has the answer please respond. and one last note, when i am recieving kcet 59 demonstration, at any point there are no audio or video lost whatso ever.
    ------------------

2. Rick Nichols

Rick Nichols Auditioning

They have cut their hours because of the energy shortage. They were 24/7 but now are broadcasting from 3-11 pm. There is nothing wrong with your equipment.
    Rick

3. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

I prefer it the way it is now. PBS used to simulcast 3 SDTV signals for most of the day then only show HD loops a few hours a day, then back to SD shows. Now they broadcast HD near 100% of the time from 3-11 and I want to make a donation.
    I think it was a good move to do away with their SDTV broadcast since I already get the simulcast channels locally. Makes sense for power conservation issues.
    BTW: The loop was on until 12:30 a.m. last weekend. Maybe it's a newer, later scheduled HD loop...
    ------------------