What's new

Need to what what is happening with kcet 59 reception (1 Viewer)

Sonny Sung

Auditioning
hello all, i am wondering why i am not recieving kcet 59 after 11:00 at night with my panaonic tuhs20 hdtv tuner. i currently reside in the state of california los angeles. anyone have this kind of problem. Also i am only able to recieve kcet 59 hdtv programming beginning at 3:00 in the afternoon and ending at 11:00 at night. what it is weird is that when i check my local listings in wwww.titantv.com the website lists it as a 24 hour loop, yet i am only able to recieve from 3 to 11? That is so weird, but i do beleive something has to do directv. anyway anyone who has the answer please respond. and one last note, when i am recieving kcet 59 demonstration, at any point there are no audio or video lost whatso ever.
------------------

Rick Nichols

Auditioning
They have cut their hours because of the energy shortage. They were 24/7 but now are broadcasting from 3-11 pm. There is nothing wrong with your equipment.
Rick

AllenD

Second Unit
I prefer it the way it is now. PBS used to simulcast 3 SDTV signals for most of the day then only show HD loops a few hours a day, then back to SD shows. Now they broadcast HD near 100% of the time from 3-11 and I want to make a donation.
I think it was a good move to do away with their SDTV broadcast since I already get the simulcast channels locally. Makes sense for power conservation issues.
BTW: The loop was on until 12:30 a.m. last weekend. Maybe it's a newer, later scheduled HD loop...
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks