What's new

Need to upgrade center and sub...can't do both...HELP! (1 Viewer)

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for opinions on whether or not to replace my sub or upgrade my center channel. Here is my situation:

My sub (PSB Subsonic 6i) has been without it's amp for quite some time. Twice I blew it's electronics before the fuse protected it. So...at the moment, my sub is being powered by an old Kenwood Pro Logic receiver (that is the only thing the receiver is powering). Certainly not an ideal situation. I'm looking at the HTD Level 4 sub which is currently on sale. Specs for that sub can be found at .

My center channel is working fine. It's a PSB Century 200ci. I'm craving a new cetner channel that has more of a range than the 200ci does. I'm looking at the PSB Image 9C. Link to the specs of the 200ci is . Link to the Image 9C is

I can't get both at the same time. I have to make a choice. Any suggestions on what should come first?

FYI. My fronts are PSB Image 2B's and my receiver will be the new H/K AVR330.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Sub.... Mean subwoofers have the most impact of nearly anything else on any source that provides a descreet LFE channel.

Duke

Stunt Coordinator
i'd go for the sub, you can always turn off the centre and run phantom centre by using the mains, this works well if you are the only one on dead center. Plus if seems like you have a real problem with the sub that needs fix'n

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
sub- If you are using LFE for your sub nothing below 80hz is going to the CC so why buy extended range that isn't going to be used?

Have you checked out the Hsu STF-2 at CompUSA? They are $350. It will show sold out but if you add it to your cart and go to checkout it will show which stores still have it availible for pick-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks