What's new

Need to span a 30’ run to connect Denon cassette deck and h/k 525. (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
This is not a mission critical application and will not be used regularly. But, I would like to get the best I can from my (USED) but newly purchased Denon DRM-710 cassette deck. Unfortunately, there is no room available in my HT rack. So it’s going downstairs in my back up system. The length needed is approximately 30’. I’m considering using inexpensive cables like two Monster Standard Audio Interlink 100 (19.7 ft) & (13.1 ft) Interconnects. Of course I’ll have to use female-to-female adapters in the run. How much signal loss should I expect? Would stepping up to the Interlink 300 or 400 correct the problem?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The only problem you might get with a long signal run would be be a slight drop in signal strength (not to be confused with “degradation”) and/or a slight drop in response at the highest frequencies. The latter shouldn’t be a problem for a cassette deck, since the response of tapes typically starts rolling off at about 15kHz anyway.

Both can be compensated for “at the end of the line” – with a nudge of the volume and/or treble control.

That said, 30ft. hardly qualifies as a “long” signal run. Bottom line, you won’t experience any problem.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Thanks for the feedback Wayne! Sounds like upgrading to the 300 or 400 series would be unnecessary.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Chu that sounds like a deal! But, it says it's a Video cable, does it make a difference?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
nope. Audio interconnects are either shielded coax or some variation on twisted (braided). The former have less capacitance and for a longer run, that's not a bad thing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks