What's new

Need to hit reload (1 Viewer)

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Hi guys,

I wanted to let you know that for the most part, the new software seems to work OK. But I have had one problem; when I click on a thread, the REPLY button or NEW THREAD I have noticed that I have to hit the reload button on my browser fairly frequently. Sometimes that doesn't work and I have to go back and try again. I am running Netscape Communicator 4.76.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It seems to be a Netscape thing. I run Netscape as well, and I also have to refresh frequently, but I don't expect the HTF to be all things to all people, and live with the limitations of Netscape.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
That's funny, cause for about a month before the upgrade to vBulletin I had to hit refresh to see new posts, replies, etc. But ever since our recent upgrade to vBulletin, it fixed the problem for me. I'm using NS 4.77. You're having an opposite effect I guess.

Something to try if you haven't already is to go to the

Edit->preferences then

Advanced->cache and click on "every time" in the bottom click box selection and see if that helps... It never helped for me but perhaps it might help you. Something with the software and perhaps your proxy server if you have one that's causing NS to use cached pages is all that I could guess what was going wrong, I never fixed it.

Jay

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Also, you might want to upgrade to version 4.77. It appears to be a better version anyway.

Sorry for the problems.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Patrick:

I doubt it. It is really weird that Netscape acts the way it does. On my computer 4.77 on a PC works great. Go figure.

Parker

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I also find that I need to hit re-load two to three times most of the time. I am using Netscape 4.77. It took two days before I could load the message from Ron at the top of chat room. A fix to this problem would be welcome. It happens on both my office PC using T1 line and also at home using 56kb modem connected at about 50 kb.

The T1 connection is via psi.net and the dial-up is Exodos.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Roger:

That is so weird. If I remember right you had trouble with vBulletin before. How do the AVS Forums act? What about vBulletin.com itself?

I am using 4.77 on a PC running Windows XP and before that Windows ME and 98 with no loading problems at all. In fact Netcape loads up faster than IE 6.0 does with XP.

I wish I could replicate the problem.

Parker

Margo

Agent
I'm running Netscape 4.61 using Win98. Before this upgrade I would occasionally have to hit reload when trying to read messages and the page would properly reload. Now, no matter how many times I hit reload it still will not load the whole page. I have to go back and re-hit the message link in order to get the page to reload (and yes, I have the "every time" button selected). Not willing to give up Netscape. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've given up on Netscape/HTF and now have been using MS Internet Explorer to access the HTF with the new VBulletin software. No big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks