Need to help Mom .......

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dean Thomas, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Dean Thomas

Dean Thomas Auditioning

My parents retirement home burnt to the ground following a lightning strike (what an ordeal) and they are now in the late stages of rebuilding. My mother loves music and wants my help in designing a new complete system for her home. To that end, I need some help on speakers.

Here are some of the constraints for selection:

1. The room the system will be in is huge with 20' ceilings.

2. She is not an audiophile, but loves fullness of sound. I don't believe she could distinguish the difference between a Polk and a Diva/Paradigm.

3. Her budget for speakers alone is around $1,000.

4. She will use the system for a combination of music and home theater. A little more music than theater.

What speaker system would the experts here suggest for such a limited budget and such a large room?

2. Michael John R

The Diva's seem to be getting rave reviews. Maybe give AV123 a call and see what they suggest. I called them, gave them my budget and they actually discounted stuff and I ended up with a killer new system.

They seem really good to deal with.

3. Dean Thomas

Dean Thomas Auditioning

Yea, I know that they are good - but I find it hard to believe that I will be able to put together a 6 speaker 5.1 system from Diva for around $1,000. I think that they are too good for her wallet. I can do this with a low end Paradigm system, but I am concerned about the low end systems ability to fill the large room.

Thanks for the post.