Need to converge a new JVC 19" flat screen TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chris larralde, Dec 29, 2001.

1. chris larralde

chris larralde Stunt Coordinator

RPTVs have given me the convergence bug .... if it's off, it just drives me crazy [​IMG]
    We got two small sets for our kids rooms and I noticed both have the reds out of whack.
    Anyone know how to get into the service mode of the new JVCs to adjust the convergence?
    Chris

2. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

Chris:

From what I've seen, direct-view sets rarely offer convergence options in their service menus. The only TV I ever saw that on was a high-end Sony Wega - I doubt you'd find it on a 19" set.

Convergence on direct-view sets is more of a service issue than anything else. The direct-view is a completely different beast when compared to RPTVs in this respect.

----

Jeff

3. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Direct views are not going to offer a service level option to adjust convergence. Have you brought up any Avia/VE test patterns to see if it is indeed a convergence issue or if it is perhaps a color decoder (red push) or grayscale issue?

cheers,

--tom

4. chris larralde

chris larralde Stunt Coordinator

Darn!
    Thank guys ... I thought everything was tweakable in this day and age [​IMG]
    I'll pop in Video Essentials and see if I can improve things.
    chris