What's new

Need tips on a new HT system $1k price (1 Viewer)

Stoogie

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew Clark
hi im upgrading from logitech z5500's as the bass is muddy and it lacks mids and its only single amped and satellites aren't very good for music. i was wanting to upgrade to a home theater system with about $1000, though i dont need any dolby truehd or decoding whatsoever, rather i want it to pass all the audio from my auzentech x-fi forte via optical and just power the speakers. i want no video support only need it for audio.

my comp specs are:

Manufacturer:
i listen to techno / metal and do competition gaming. and im only interested in AKG dacs because of there non edited sound (i hate tube sounding amps, they sound oldschool and fake) so in otherwords a flat equal sound by dba through the whole hz range,< well as close as possible. though that wont matter if u can just pass the audio through the reciever. since its from a comp i only need a amp not a reciever but i guess thats inevitable i dont know.

but yea i want a 5.1 setup with decent front channel speakers to produce all hz range efficiently (like not lacking mids like z5500) and a sub with pref crossover at around 80hz, and less muddy as possible. the surround speakers dont have to be good but rather good enuff to produce efficient enough sounds while playing some game tho its not really important.

i am interested in biamp/biwiring or even tri if its in the cost range.

if anyone has any opinions on recievers that dont edit the sound but still passes it through to the speakers (so in other words just to power them, or atleast a HDMI PCM decoder for ps3 or dts for optical.

i cant find any as there too expensive, especially when i dont need ANY of wat the recievers do, like i mean 600 dollars for a 0.05% 1khz thD noise(thats talking about a $600 DENON)? wth a 200$ pc sound card can do 0.00001% thd noise talk about bad quality.

and also i dont use the z5500's very loud only about up to 30% sometimes so im after quality not LOUDNESS.

sorry about my weird way of describing things and thanx for reading.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Did you want a moonrock needle with that?

Seriously, why do you want biamp?

BUGGERS

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
I always recommend to people to start with 2 good mains, add a sub, then add other channels when funds are available. That way you have a good 2 channel system to start with instead of a 5 crappy channel system. I build my own speakers so I can't help you with store bought stuff...

But if you are interested in DIY...http://htguide.com/forum/forumdisplay.php4?f=39

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks