Need thoughts on the Mission M71 loudspeakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Kloet, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Kevin Kloet

Kevin Kloet Agent

For 90% audio usage - around a $250 price point.

These seem to be a good choice.

Another I was looking at was the Tannoy Reveal Monitors for around $350.

Any enlightenment or alternate suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. AdamGott

AdamGott Auditioning

The new issue of Sterophile (actually last month's issue now) gave them excellent reviews for audio use. I have been thinking of buying a set for my bedroom. I don't know how they perform for vidoe but I don't think that they have a matching center channel.

3. KurtisJ

KurtisJ Agent

4. Kevin Kloet

Kevin Kloet Agent

wow.. thanks for the links - much appreciated.

are there any M71 owners around?

5. Larry Hoffman

Larry Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

I'm using the M71's and the M7C1 center. They look good and perform extremely well. I needed a small, attractive set of speakers with a matching center tbat wasn't too large.

I wanted something that was a step up in quality and looks from the JBL's. Also, I'm sur my wife would have hated the looks of the JBL center.

I also didn't want to comprimise by getting one of the mini system packages. As good and attractive as many are, they tend to sound thin,(it's hard to get something tiny to sound like it's not, even with today's technology). So I looked for something that sounded good that my wife would still be OK with. Also, since I didn't have to buy surrounds as I would have with most of the surround packages, I was able to use an existing pair of bookshelves as surrounds. Therefore I could spend the same dollars for less speakers and get the quality sound and construction I was looking for.

The M70 Line filled the bill nicely and sound terrific for a reasonably priced system.

Larry.