Need the title of a horror movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Wendy_L, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

I remember as a kid watching a horror movie on a Saturday afternoon with my mom and the movie scareing the bejesus out of me. I thought the title of the movie was "House of Screams" but when I looked it up on IMDB.com today nothing came up with that name. I also tried Google but I never know the correct keywords to type in on that damn thing. So, I'm wondering if any of you can tell me if the plot of this movie sounds familiar to you...

The movie takes place at an all-girls boarding school. The principal of the school lives on the property with her teenage son. Her son, against her wishes, starts dating some of the girls at the school and everyone he dates ends up disappearing.

I remember that the movie lead you to believe that the principal was involved but thats' not how it ended.

The mother/principal of the school follows one of the girls up the stairs to the attic. You think she's following her to kill the girl but when she gets upstairs she finds the son up there. He tells her that he's been trying to find a girl good enough for him, one that his mom would approve of and that he thinks he finally succeeded. He ends up pulling back the sheet of something and underneath is this pieced together body of the all the girls that he killed and chopped up. All the girls that he dated had an attribute of his mother's and he was trying to make a girl "just like mom".

I saw this movie in the late 70's/early 80's and I remember the movie being older than that. Like the late 60's. But, my memory might of played tricks on me about that just like it played tricks on me about the title.

I hope one of you can help me cuz it's sort of driving me nuts today.

2. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

It's called The House That Screamed (original Spanish title: La Residencia).

I've always liked this early slasher film and I own it on a DVD of dubious origin. [​IMG]

3. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

Yep, that's the movie. Thanks, Bill. It was driving me nuts.

4. Richard--W

Richard--W Banned
    BANNED

Richard W
    That's a Spanish film called LA RESIDENCIA released in the USA in truncated form as THE HOUSE THAT SCREAMED.

Your memory is pretty good for a film that was released only once and over 35 years ago!

5. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

The ending scene of that movie was burned into my memory because it really freaked me out. All those flies flying around the pieced together body. Yuck!

6. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I told her you guys here at HTF were fast. [​IMG] Wendy and I were talking about this film on the phone and it was driving me a little mad as well.

So, is it available on dvd in uncut form?

7. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

I think so...

The DVD that I have has the original Spanish credits, so it's not the Americanized AIP print, but I didn't notice anything in this print that wasn't included in the US release.

The DVD isn't top notch, but it is widescreen and watchable.

8. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

IMDB doesn't show it on VHS or DVD.

9. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

10. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

That's the DVD that I own.

Keep in mind that it's a PAL DVD, so you'd have to be able to play PAL video in order to watch it.