What's new

Need The Forum's Consensus w/ A Newspaper Ad... (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I'm a broke college student just like everyone else around here, and I need a part time job. Today, I came across an ad for a job...it involves stuffing envelopes at home for $2 a piece, free supplies, and guarantees $800+ weekly. For details, I need to send a "one stamp" to an LA address.
So is this bogus? Has anyone ever heard of such easy cash? What's the catch?
Thanks everyone
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Site
The At-Home Home Theater (E.L.)
The Dorm Room Theater (E.L.)

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
What's a "one stamp"? A postage stamp? For $.34 it would be worth you looking into it. But if they want more money, then I'd get suspicious. And if a "one stamp" is a one dollar bill, consider the scenario below:
A possibility is this job involves you "stuffing" envelopes full of advertisements to send to 800 people. The advertisements state that those people can earn $800 per week stuffing envelopes! All they have to do is send one dollar to you.
------------------
Virgo: All Virgo's are extremely friendly and intelligent, except for you. Expect a big surprise today, when you wind up with your head impaled upon a stick.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Do yourself a favor and stay away from it ..Most are scams and if they don't end up requesting money from you for something, you probably will never get paid..
------------------
[Edited last by Mike I on October 23, 2001 at 11:41 AM]

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Think about it. Why would anyone pay you $2.00 each to stuff envelopes at home?
Anything that sounds too good to be true, is.
Deane

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Big time scam. Don't waste your money. No company is going to pay $2.00 each to stuff envelopes. This scam has been around for years.
There are plenty of jobs out there. Some may not be glamorous, but they pay. Go for one of them. Avoid the "work at home" ploys.
------------------
Randy Tennison
Kansas City, MO
Home theater photos located at
http://home.kc.rr.com/thetennisons/

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
"Avoid the "work at home" ploys."
And that includes those pyramid schemes such as Herbalife and Amway. If a classified ad does not state up front who the advertiser/company is and what the job entails, move on to the next classified.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
You NEVER have to pay anything that looks like cash, in whatever form, to someone offering an honest job. Period.
It must be a scam.
Cees

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Anthrax is dangerous stuff. Maybe it's hazard pay?
wink.gif

Rob
------------------
"That suits me down to the ground."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks