need the 5. for my 5.1 rig

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Sean Mullin, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Sean Mullin

Sean Mullin Agent

ok folks.. here is what I am considering.. I need input about the remaining speakers to get me to the 5.1 configuration..

Onkyo TX-SR602 into...

for music

Klipsch kg4's (I just love the sound from those old beauties)

for HT

Dayton 12" sub 634 I think.

that is what I have nailed down so far. but I need to find fronts, center, and rears to work well with the onkyo and the dayton sub. I don't wanna break my bank, but do want something that will give me a very nice sounding HT experience. any info on brands, models, and maybe a grouped price would be great. I definately think that speakers sold as a kit might be best for tonal balance, am I close on that thought?? also a kit that can be ADDED to, (at a later time) so I can utilize the 7.1 cabability on the Onkyo
    thanks guys !!!

2. Sean Mullin

Sean Mullin Agent

16 views and not one person has any suggestions?

3. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

I would take the Klipsch speakers and turn them into a seperate 2 channel music system. I don't think your going to get a close enough match with them to add newer speakers which are geared for HT. Then start over for your HT with all timbre matched speakers from the same brand... Good luck...

4. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

I have a suggestion. I suggest you post what your budget is?
    Kinda rude in your second post. You come to a HT board with 1000's of posts on diferent types of speakers, say, hey, which speakers should I buy without giveing your budget or anything? Shows you haven't done much research and expect everyone here to do it for you.

I suggest reading a bit, look at some people's opinions. Then say hey, I have narrowed it down to these 3 brands/series in my price range, anyone have an opinion? instead of saying what 5 speakers should I buy and then getting upset when no one responds by in 8 hours.

5. Sean Mullin

Sean Mullin Agent

MikeLi, thanks for your reply. I didn't intend to use the Klipsch Speakers I already have IN the HT setup. I will likely only use those for stereo music playing. so what I am interested in.. and I am quite sure I didn't articulate this properly in my first post... but anyway.. I would like to find some HT speakers to go with the Dayton 12" sub I am intending on buying... something that will work well with it.. and the Reciever I have.

And yeah.. I have read and reread through a ton of the posts here, and hadn't seen too much about what people thought were a good match for that Dayton Sub. ( and possibly something that I would like soundwise as I love the Klipsch kg4's I have) I just want something that is a nice SET you know... 5 speakers that will work well with the Dayton and be a "timbre matched" type of set. as for budget.. I know I was vague... but I would think someone might say "hey.. that guy is talkin about a 2-300 dollar sub... so I have a few ideas of some speakers that would work well with it, and/or be complimented by it".

6. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Sean.. Can you kind of give us an idea of your budget. If you have say up to 2K here is what I would suggest but there are many others as well that work well. It just happens that I like what I have but you may not.
    Forget the Dayton Sub and get an SVS sub. Best bang for the buck and you will never regret it. Works with any receiver. Second get out and listen to some speakers and some good B&M stores to find out if you like brighter or laid back more of a type of speaker or go to av123.com and look at there ELT set up for HT speakers. Many many praises. I have Rockets and love them. Others have other brands and love them as well. Take a chance and order say a center channel from several of the on line companies and compare and then buy the rest at the package price. Saves you a bit on shipping but you can get a pretty good idea on build and looks and such. Remember this is one persons opinion. Others will have different ones and all are good.

7. Sean Mullin

Sean Mullin Agent

ok.. well I'd love to spend whatever is needed, but I am wanting to stay under 900 with sub if possible.

however.. if I can get some suggestions in the 600 to 900 range I'd be happy. I hate goin to the audio store unprepared and getting preyed upon by the commision vultures

8. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

By all means your going to want to stay with some internet speakers which there are several that always stand out. In your price range you should try the web sites of AV123.com, Axiom, and Ascend to see what they have in your price range. Again all I can comment on are the ELT set up from AV123 that would be in your range. Others here may have other options. Try to post in each places forum if someone close to you has something they will let you demo... Good luck.