What's new

need t/s perams for Infinity Betas (1 Viewer)

Jeff Bayne

Agent
hey guys, this may sound ghetto, but I've acquired a set of old school Infinity Beta car stereo speakers that i'd like to make a set of bookshelf speakers with. They're about 10 years old and at the time were pretty amazing in the car audio world. I have Beta 5's, Beta 1's (the tweeters) and the matching crossovers. Weird thing is, i can't find perameters anywhere... Would any of you guys know where to look? I was planning on having them, and then asking you geniuses for enclosure recommendations for optimum sq.

Thanks for any help!

jeff

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've never seen published T/S parameters for component sets. But I'd guess the mids have a high Qts so they can run in doors while using the entire cavity as an enclosure. Also, the cross-over is optimized for installation on a wide baffle (door). Putting them on a regular speaker baffle will change the sound characteristics. I'll also but the tweeter is padded for off-axis listening. Listening on-axis it will probably sound very bright.

My advice, sell them or use them in your car. Buy a kit from GR Research or use a published design using Dayton (Parts Express) parts. They should sound much better than car speakers.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks