What's new

Need surround help please (1 Viewer)

John_D_R

Auditioning
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, and I was hoping you folks could help me out. I will be setting up a small home theater around a wall mounted 50" plasma in a room 13' wide x 12' long, with 9' ceilings. Unfortunately, there will be quite a bit of glass in the room, in the form of windows in the back and side walls, as well as in sliding glass doors, which will close off the other side wall when pulled shut. Floor is hardwood, and the furniture will be sparse- two Relax the Back low profile recliners with a connecting table and maybe two additional smaller chairs for guests. I have up to a $1500 budget for speakers and a surround processor, but I don't know if I should go with 5.1 or 6.1 surround. However, I do know that I want the following:

1) As much clarity and definition from the speakers as possible, with tight, fast bass response. Overall volume is not so important, although I want enough to get my attention.

2) Preferably wall mount or recessed speakers

Thanks in advance for the help.

John

John_D_R

Auditioning
How about the Definitive Technology StudioCinema 350? Any thoughts on that for this room?

SteveMetcalf

Agent
John, due to the acoustic makeup of your room, if you really want clarity, tightness of bass etc acoustic correction is not as expensive as you might think, and the resulting improvement of sound would be much greater than any pair of speakers you could buy. I have some experience in acoustics and I'd be happy to make some specific reccomendations as to product and placement if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks