Need Suggestions on Ink Jet Paper...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chu Gai, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

to give to my kid for Christmas. He does a lot of digital photography and does the majority of his prints on Ilford Gallery Smooth Pearl. It was something I turned him on to a couple of years ago. So does anybody have recommendations on papers that might be of similar quality? I'd be looking to get him several different types to play around with. Thanks!

2. Richard Sharpe

Hi Chu -
    Funny - I read the title of you post and was about to reply "Ilford Gallerie Classic Pearl - you may not have heard of it, but trust me on this one". I've used this stuff for the past year and found nothing better for digital photos from an HP printer. I believe 'Classic' is the slightly more matt version of the paper than 'Smooth'.

Where I buy, it's also half the price of the HP/Epson/Canon papers, which is a nice bonus...

This (long) review first put me on to Ilford Gallerie:

The Great Paper Chase

cheers
    Richard

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Thanks Richard, I've already gotten him the assortment of Ilfords. I guess, in a way I'm looking for maybe what would be called 'a relatively unknown'. FWIW he does maybe 60/40 color/B&W. Good stuff that Ilford though!