What's new

Need suggestions for receiver with system (1 Viewer)

MarkMaximus

Stunt Coordinator
I believe I have decided to go with a JBL speaker system (S310II mains, S26 surround, SII center) and a SVS 25-31PCi woofer. I was thinking of getting the AVR 525, but was wondering if this would be overkill for the given set of speakers. Suggestions and comments welcome.

Any further needed, just ask, will be checking in often.

MarkMaximus

Stunt Coordinator
I recently found a deal on 312II mains and would like to act on it, need feedback as to if the 525 is needed or if I should go for the 325, or some other receiver like the Denon 1803. Need a response soon, thinking I will purchase this evening.

Thanks all.

Mike_Frame

Grip
Hi Mark,

You can't go wrong with the H/K AVR 525... it's a good receiver.

Other options are the NAD T752,Marantz 7300, and I'm sure Denon will do well too...

I don't think (I'm no expert) that the 525 will be overkill for your speakers, and if it is, you'll have room to grow.

I recently went through the same thing, and I picked up the NAD T752 last week... and I love it.

-Mike

Mark Dickerson

Stunt Coordinator
I fully agree with Mike. I don't think a 525 is overkill for your speakers. It is a very clean receiver that does a great job in decoding DVD soundtracks and your speakers will sound much better than with something less expensive. The Denon 1803 is a fine receiver, but in no way is it in the class of the 525, nor does it pretend to.

I also agree that you should look into an NAD 752 for this general price level. I compared one head to head with several other receivers that were more expensive and the NAD simply had more detail than anything else. It is an awesome receiver. Either way (525 v. 752), however, I don't think you can go wrong.

Good luck

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
You've been given good advice here. Any of the AVRs mentioned will do the job, and the 525 is not overkill. The 525 has amplification for 7-channels; if you don't need 7-channel power, then consider one of the other pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks