What's new

Need Suggestions for Demo Material... (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Hi all,
I just got a job in audio sales and I am looking for suggestions for some awesome demo stuff. I need clean recordings that reproduce the entire frequency responce of most speakers. I'm mostly just looking for normal CD recordings but will be looking into DVD-A, SACD, and DVD's of course so feel free to make any and all suggestions. I have the DTS demo DVD #4 so most of my DVD stuff will be from that. I am looking to all of you to suggest some awesome sounding recordings for me to demo for people.

Thanks in Advance!

Rocky Bennett

Auditioning
Hello,
I really don't know what kind of music that you are into, but to really test out any good system for over all kick butt loudness grab a brand new remastered copy of AC/DC's BACK IN BLACK, (catalog EK 80207). The brand new digitally remastered version is absolutely gorgeous, with fast transients that will test any amplifiers rise and deacy times, and it will make speakers place all of the instruments in exactly the right place. The timbre of Hells Bells is very challenging to reproduce, if a system can reproduce this disc accurately up to 106 decibles with out any distortion, then that system is worthy of my attention. Also, the most challenging disc that I can think of that is normal CD, not SACD (which I can recommend a bundle) is the Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs edition of Supertramp's CRIME OF THE CENTURY. This original master recording has more dynamic range than any disc that I have ever encountered, it can easily take over 750 watts rms to reproduce this disc accurately. The brand new release by Sheffield Labs by Thelma Houston is also a great demonstration disc, the jazz and dynamic range will test any system. Any MOBILE FIDELITY SOUND LABS CD should be a good test disc for an audio system.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
some U2 tracks on the Joshua Tree have really cool imaging and VERY clean recording

track 11 has awsome imaging.

and for the really nice speakers... grab a copy of Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor :D

rin

Stunt Coordinator
For MC DVD-A listen to Big Phat Band's "Swingin' For The Fences". This is one of the best recordings I've heard for dynamic range and the performances are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks