What's new

Need suggestions for a good front pair of speakers (1 Viewer)

stangjason

Agent
Real Name
Jason
Are there any Polk Bookshelf speakers for under $300 that will make better front speakers than my Polk R300 and timber match them well?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Ideally, all speakers should come from the same series, but perhaps the M40's might be close enough. I think they would be better than the R300's but we all have our own idea of what "better" means. They're available for under $300. Also, the RTi6's are now $249 a pair. They are better than the 300's but may not match the R series as well, even though Polk seems to think pretty much all their speakers are timbre matched.

stangjason

Agent
Real Name
Jason
Thanks for you reply. I'm happy with the sound of the R300 especially the detail but I can't help but think they are missing a little punch in the lower midrange is about it.

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
All the RTi line of Polk's are on sale! You can get the RTi6 for $249.99 a pair at onecall now.

I wish I had about a grand lay'n around so I could build me a complete RTi 5.1 system for upstairs. Oh well.

Shannon

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Thanks for the complement. So what dose your RTi system consist of? I have a pair pair of ebony LSi 9's that I bought a little over a month ago to replace the 7's in the back but they wont fit. I was try'n to trade a guy for his RTi 10's, CSi5 & RTi 6 (all in cherry) for my pair of 9's but he lives in Cali. So that was a no go.

But just to let you know, I just added the rest of the names to finish out the Family. I'm sitting here looking at them but I'm not sure if I like some of them. A few just don't seem to match there personality's.

The reason for not naming the LSi's right off is because I just hadn't thought of anything befitting of them until now. But While sitting here in a Percocet induced trance (due to back surgery on the 13th of this month and try'n to recover, but for some odd reason I'm still in a fair amount of pain. But I go back to the surgeon tomorrow) I did finish them but for the record but my thought's might change in a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks