What's new

Need sugestions .... (1 Viewer)

AL.REBEL

Auditioning
Real Name
Lynne

I have a Pioneer VSX-530-k AV Receiver.According to the specs, it pushes a constant 80 watts for a 8-16 ohm speaker. Without breaking the bank, what kind of speakers would be good for this? I already have a home made subwoofer system. Two 10" Memphis subs in a box running from a separate amp though. I have two JBL environmental speakers and four of original six Pioneer home theater speakers. Two of them have malfunctioned and thinking of doing away with the other four. They are 6 and 8 ohm speakers...3" app. They sound good but, I think with what I'm pushing now, they'll give up soon. The two JBL's I have were bought for another reason in the past but they sure sound good with this system. Just can't afford any more of those at present. Any suggestions a

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Well to help with this we need some answers from you.
  1. What's the budget for the speakers?
  2. Are you looking for just two, front three or a whole set?
  3. How large of a room are you putting these in?
  4. How loud do you like it?
  5. Is this system for just home theater use or music too?
  6. how large is too large when it comes to speakers?
  7. Are you looking to wall mount, stand mount or do you want floor speakers?

AL.REBEL

Auditioning
Real Name
Lynne
Well to help with this we need some answers from you.
  1. What's the budget for the speakers?
  2. Are you looking for just two, front three or a whole set?
  3. How large of a room are you putting these in?
  4. How loud do you like it?
  5. Is this system for just home theater use or music too?
  6. how large is too large when it comes to speakers?
  7. Are you looking to wall mount, stand mount or do you want floor speakers?
#1 >>>> I haven't really set-up any budget. I'll just figure what will do what I want and go from there. Probably one or two at a time....:)
#2 >>>> Probably four. They don't need to be designated as Surround or front and back.
#3 >>>> Not a big room but, it doesn't really matter in my case. 20' x 20'
#4 >>>> I like my music loud, if it's good. I also like the movies I watch at a higher volume than most.
#5 >>>> Both.
#6 >>>> I just don't want a beast. My subs in the cabinet I made ( 2 x 10" ) are big enough but, they are the strength to the sound ....in my opinion....:)
#7 >>>> Would be nice to hang them but ..... what ever I'm able to come up with.
Thanks for your reply. I will get it together one day. I have brought in my two JBL environmental speakers and added them. As you probably know, they don't give those away. They sound good though. Had those out in my shop. lol I don't mind spending good money for a system, it's just that I don't have the extra at the moment. Sounds good as is but, I will expand someday. My thing is and has always been....if it's worth listening to, it's worth listening to the best that you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltby
Recent bookmarks