What's new

Need subwoofer recommendations! (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
I have the Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers (RF-7, RC-7, and RS-7) hooked up to a Harman Kardon AVR 8500 A/V receiver. My room is about 11 x 14. My budget is sort of low for a subwoofer for now so I was looking at the SVS PB10-NSD. Any opinions/comments on the subwoofer? Would it blend in well with the rest of my system? Some people are saying my speakers are too much for the PB10-NSD to handle. Any other subwoofers I should consider that are around $500?

Thanks

SethH

Senior HTF Member

That doesn't really make sense. It is possible for your room to be too big, or too much, for your subwoofer. But as long as your subwoofer is big enough for your room and your speakers are big enough for your room you should be able to calibrate them to blend very well.

Is your room sealed? If so, I think the PB10 would be sufficient for your room and would make a very good choice for you.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
The room is sealed off expect for a small passage way on one of the walls which leads to the bathroom. Other than that, it's completely sealed off.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If you can stretch your budget to $550 you could get a PB12-NSD B-Stock. The PB10 will likely be enough for moderate to somewhat high levels but might strain at reference levels (levels easily reachable by your extremely efficient Klipsch speakers). The PB12-NSD would likely reach reference levels in your room without straining.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
That Elemental sub looks very similar in output and FR to the PB12-NSD in a slightly different configuration (down-firing driver, front-firing port) and is likely a great value.

mpgxsvcd

Auditioning
Real Name
Travis

The SVS PB-10 can be had used for $320 + shipping(As much as $80. It is a beast). I was trying to choose between the ED and the SVS also. At $395 shipped for the SVS I just could not resist. I don’t think the ED subs are as easy to find used are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks