What's new

Need Subwoofer Recommendation for Large Room (1 Viewer)

RM Haney

Grip
Hello All,

I recently moved into a new home and my home theater area is much larger than my previous one. My current room is 14,400 cu ft and I am looking for the bass I had in my previous room. I currently have an SVS 25-31 PCi which was more than adequate before I moved. Now, it is having trouble. I am thinking of upgrading to dual SVS PB2-Plus or dual PB2-ISD. I have also read a few nice things about the new Outlaw subs as well but do not know how they compare to the SVS models. A good friend of mine has dual RSW-15 Klipsch subs and swears by them. If anybody has any recommendations, my ears are wide open. My budget is in the neighborhood of $2,000. I can probably EBAY the 25-31 PCi to offset some of the cost of the new sub so I may be able to go a few bucks higher. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, does anybody know of any problems with subs mounted high off of the floor. I am in the process of having an entertainment center built and the subs will be located above my Klipsch RF-7's (about 5' off of the floor).

Thanks,
Mike

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
That's a huge room to fill. Based on your budget, I think the dual PB2-ISD would be the way to go. The PB-2+'s would definitely exceed your budget.

The RSW-15 is a good sub as well but I definitely prefer the SVS. A friend of mine has a 20-39PC and a RSW-15 colocated in the same system. We did some testing and both preferred the 20-39. We both feel that it is a more accurate sub. He actually in the process of replacing it with a PB-2+ after hearing mine.

RM Haney

Grip
Thanks for the rapid response. That is the direction I was leaning but was looking for more opinions. For some reason my picture is not showing up. It was there initially but now it has vanished.

Mike

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

The LFM-1 is a performance clone of the STF-3. Both are comparable in performance to the PB1-ISD. The SVS has an edge in extension and clean output in the 20-25 Hz region, but above that it's very close.

Any of the PB2 SV subs would be a big step up in performance over the LFM-1/STF-3/PB1-ISD. If you can sell the 25-31 on e-Bay and make the stretch to dual PB2+, that would definitely be the best performance value in that gigantic room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks