What's new

Need subwoofer Plate amp (1 Viewer)

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon
The amp in my M&K V75 II sub is making a hum and the repair costs will run $140 + parts minimum, so not really worth fixing. Replacement parts are not available so I am thinking to just put in a new amp.

I see that plate amps typically come either with a 6db boost or not. All M&K can tell me is that the plate amp has a custom crossover and custom eq design for the sub and other brands or amps likely will not provide the same level of performance.

I can't find anything that fits the opening so I will need a more powerful plate amp so I can cut the enclosure and fit the new amp. I think this will be easier then dealing with an amp that is smaller then the opening.

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-spa250-250-watt-subwoofer-plate-amplifier--300-803

150 watts, switchable low end boost. This is what I am thinking unless someone more experienced then me chimes in

The sub is fed from a Pioneer Elite VSX-32 and is used mainly for movies. The other speakers are Vandersteen 2Ce speakers fed from a Parasound amp. They do pretty well in the low end for music but can be overdriven trying to handle effects from some movies so for movies I cut the miff around 60hz and bring in the sub

Thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It would be simpler to...go outboard.Version...1. Cut a piece of wood the right size and glue/screw into the existing hole. Add some type of speaker terminal.2. Leave in, but bypass the internal amp. I assume the 75 has high level as well. If it does, it would take 5-10 minutes work to make one set of high levels useful.If you do either one, your amp choices grow exponentially. HTD has three outboard sub amps.Behringer makes numerous amps with BFD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks