What's new

need sub to fit in cabinet (not very deep) (1 Viewer)

shunter

Auditioning
Real Name
steve
I am looking for the best subwoofer (price is not an issue, although i prefer not to spend more than $2000 each) to fit in my cabinet. i have cabinets that are only 17" deep. they are 21" wide, 24" high. the problem i am finding is the depth.

I recognize that money will not cure the problem of having a small sub, but what is the best subwoofer to fit in that space? redesigning the cabinets and such is possible, but i would rather just buy a nice sub for $800 or $1200 (and i would buy two of them) and be done with it rather than getting a cabinet guy to make my sub cabinets an extra 3-4" deeper (cant really do much more than that anyways).

TIA

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Subs of any price do not like cabinets (speakers in general do not like cabinets). With subs it all about placement. You need to be really flexible to get the most out of them. Throwing money at them will not help either. It all about the room they are in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks