What's new

Need Sub Suggestions for Walk-In Closet (1 Viewer)

Tom Tubbiola

Stunt Coordinator
Here's the scoop,

Master bedroom with a 5.1 set up. The main and surround speakers have just been installed in the ceiling. Using the Jamo contractor's series, new Sony 50" Plasma, Denon 3805, DTV HDTivo, Roku HD1000, DVD Player.

The system will be used 1/2 and 1/2 music and HT.

What I need are ideas of what powered sub to get. It will be placed inside of a large walk-in closet with one wall adjoining the main bedroom area. Looking in the $500 - $600 range. Want something that will give good performance (SVS-like).

I'm also worried that placing the sub in another room (basically) will degrade the sound too much. Has anyone here done this before? Anyone have any speculation on sound quality?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom Tubbiola

Stunt Coordinator
Good idea, I'll add measurements as soon as I can find my tape measure.

For reference the bed is a California King and the drawing seems to be fairly well in proportion. It's a pretty big bedroom.

I haven't mentioned the 2nd zone with a small LCD screen in the bathroom yet. 2 channel only though.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Since it looks like you'll end up cutting the walk-in closet in some form or fashion to get this to work, I'd seriously consider an infinite baffle subwoofer. Hands down, this would give you the "best bang for the buck" performance for your setup.

Brad_See

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, Dolby Digital Bed. Is that licensed? That's hardcore!

I agree about the infinite baffle. Seems like the sub in the closet would definitely muffle some of the focus that you'd normally hear from a good sub.

Have you considered perhaps getting some kind of nightstand that has a space under it and putting a smaller sized sub under it...maybe with a tablecloth over it to hide the sub? Also, you should definitely consider hooking your alarm clock up to some kind of LFE sweep! :)

brad cook

SethH

Senior HTF Member
A PB2-Ultra with a beautiful wood finish would make a great looking nightstand without a tablecloth. It'd probably be almost exactly the right height too.

Tom Tubbiola

Stunt Coordinator

True, however then I would need 2 of them because you have to have matching nightstands. Also, I think my clock radio would explode. :D

The Infinite Baffle idea is interesting, hell maybe I could have a box built behind the wall and port it directly into the room. Hmmmm. . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks