Need Specs/Info on some older Denon Components

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Tubbiola, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Tom Tubbiola

Tom Tubbiola Stunt Coordinator

My friend has an old home theater in storage (fiancee/new house issue) and has asked me if I would like to buy any of the pieces. He doesn't remember the specs and has no idea where the manuals might be. If anyone has any info at all on these it would be a great help.
    Denon:
    AVC-3020 Amp
    TU-660 Tuner
    DCD-1560 CD Player
    He also has a Pioneer Elite Pro 95 TV. I'm not going to mention the Bose speakers (hey, it was 10 years ago).
    Any info or opinions from people who have heard or owned these in the past would help.
    Thanks for the help,
    Tom
    ps. Is there a 12 step program that will help me stop spending hours a day on these boards? [​IMG]

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

From the 1992 Audio Magazine Annual Equipment Directory:

Denon AVC-3020: Dolby Pro Logic Integrated Amplifier. Fronts 80 watts/ch; Center 35 watts/ch; Rears 35 watts/ch. Included an infrared remote control. On Screen TV Display. List Price $1000

Denon TU-660: AM/FM tuner, Mono Sensitivity 11.2 dBf, 50-dB quieting Mono 15.3 dBf; Stereo 37.2 dBf. 30 presets. Not remote control-able (is that a word?) List price $350

Denon DCD-1560: 20 bit 8 times oversampling. Fixed and variable analog outputs. Included infrared remote control. List price $650

I don't have any info on the TV.

What is all of the audio gear worth?? IMO, not a great deal. With the possible exception of the tuner, the amp and CD player can easily be surpassed by today's entry level pieces. (There may be some that would disagree, but it's true. Even the most basic Dolby Digital setup would KILL the older Denon.) Digital technology has marched quite a ways down the path since 1992. The Denon 1560 is several generations behind...

My advice is that unless you're buying this stuff for a poolside sound system or a kid's bedroom (or buying it for next to nothing), I'd pass...

3. Tom Tubbiola

Tom Tubbiola Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Chuck