What's new

Need Speaker Stands! Please help! (1 Viewer)

Adam_Wolf

Agent
I bought some new speakers this weekend, Acoustic Research HC1. The salesman recommended and I purchased Furniture Works RB1A adjustable speaker stands, but they are in fact not compatible with the speakers to my knowledge.

What speaker stands are compatible with my speakers! ANY? I would like adjustable ones.

PLEASE HELP ME!

THANKS

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
if you email them they will answer back with options.
It might take a couple of hours though. You can always give them a ring.

-rob

Adam_Wolf

Agent
I called them...since they dont sell the AR HC1's they couldnt really help.

I never realized how hard it is to find a set of speaker stands that would be compatible!

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
Sorry, they must be idiots. What is to know besides weight/dimensions? I will stop pushing people that way. They were helpful when I dealt with them but my question was not exactly a brain teaser.

Good luck,

maybe partsexpress.com

They have a bunch of stuff as well

-rob

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
PE dose sell a number of adjustable stands.
Though you have small speaks now might you be up grading in the future?
If this a possibility you might want to consider a bigger better stand that will serve you now, then if you up-grade to a larger book shelf speaker in the future you need not purchase again.
Just something to think about.;)
If you cant find a stand that works with the mounting hole in the speaker, (I belive the 1's have this) correct me if im wrong?,,, you can always just set the speaker on a flat top stand you finally pick out, and add a little blue-tac, velcro, etc to hold them in place. This allows for a much less chance of a bump and fall. Not good!
Good luck
Geoff
Edit: Let the page load and then type in speaker stands in the quick search box hit go. Once it loads up the speaker stand pages, go to page 3. I am sure they will have something you might be interested in. A very very similar in style ajustable stand" like Vin linked is their also, for 39.00 Along with another style with mounting holes, ajjustable at 27.95!
PE's site

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I agree with Geoff dedicated stands will limit the upgarde path. Also why do you need adjustable stands? What I did was buy a pair of those plaster plant stands (you know the ones that look like greek columns about 3' high.). The ones I purchased looked the same right side up or upside down. Then I set them upside down half filled them with sand then set my mini monitors ontop. Less then 40 bucks Can. ;)

Vin

Supporting Actor
Adam, you might want to check out these adjustable speaker stands.
You have the option of 3 different mounting brackets for speakers with mounting holes. If your speakers don't have mounting holes, just use the top plate assembly. Not bad for $50/pair!
Vin

Adam_Wolf

Agent
Vin, thanks for the help!

Clifton, NJ...well its a small world, because I am from Clifton, although I now live in NYC, my folks still live there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks